Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

Well this is has been quite a test for me emotionally but I managed to come back for my second WIAW and I am very excited! Along with this I am going to post a few of the recipes from what I ate this week after!

{They include gluten free shrimp scampi and roasted duck with homemade gluten free/corn free tortillas!}

I have been really craving smoothies as of late, it started last week. I suppose I won't complain the baby could be wanting junk but I'm thankful "it" doesn't :-) So I've been doing my own smoothie making this week and not only do I like them, my 22 month old loves them! We had a strawberry, banana, raspberry that was so yummy for early breakfast!

For lunch I was craving something yummy and I happened to be close by to exactly what I was craving...Chipotle!! For a pulled pork Gluten Free burrito bowl. So very worth it!!

For a snack I had a simple veggies and hummus! Light and nutritious :-)

For dinner we made gluten free shrimp scampi in a light butter garlic sauce topped with Parmesan cheese. I also made homemade gluten free garlic cheesy bread! Yum, yum, yum!!!












3 comments:

  1. Mmm... it all looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deidre!! Glad to have found each other too :-)

    How's GF eying going so far?! I know it can be challenging at first. It took me 3 months after my Celiac diagnosis to feel at ease and ok with my new lifestyle. But cooking GF has been a work in progress but I love learning an cooking new things and sharing them :-)

    I do add things for my thyroid in there but most of my cooking revolves are pub my celiac and corn allergies now. But that's ok :-) there's lots out there to try and I enjoy experimenting and perfecting!

    Looking forward to reading and following your blog!

    Thanks again!! :-)

    ReplyDelete