Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The last two weeks

So it's been about 2 weeks since the Dr called with all the results..still have to wait another 2 weeks for my GI appointment so I can get scoped (fun...not!!) and I can find out about having a biopsy of my small intestines. This also does not sound fun!! But whatever needs to happen so I can get better is fine. I've been through way worse!
Also they can't clear that I don't have MS yet :( I have to see a neurologist and guess what?! The wait for an appointment for a new patient is 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! That frustrates me beyond anything. My hands are weak, my legs have gotten weaker and the numbness and tingling is somewhat unbearable some days.
Now that I'm 95% GF I was hoping to say I was feeling better, but I'm not. Even on the days I have not touched gluten I still get super nauseous, light headed, bad stomach aches and lots of other fun stuff ;)
One thing I noticed too...going out SUCKS!! I find it hard to go and eat anywhere bc no matter how many times I look at labels or read a menu I get discouraged thinking what if it's in there??! Then it makes me miss living in Portland...there was TONS of places that had GF menus. Oh well! Adjustments take time I know. Out of all my health issues tho, I will say this one was the hardest to swallow.
If it wasn't for this sweet innocent baby boy sleeping in my arms and my strong husband I'm not sure where I'd be. It's weird to think about..there was a long time in my life where I never saw marriage and kids in my future. And I knew that all changed when I met my husband. Now I couldn't picture myself any other way. Nothing could ever make me want to be anywhere else in life then with my boys :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment