Thursday, March 29, 2012

GF ground turkey lasagna

Sooo last night was a success! I did my take on lasagna with GF rice noodles. I made my signature homemade pasta sauce then added artichoke and spinach. Yummy! I was so glad it didn't taste sweet like the rice elbow pasta did because I was hoping to find some alternitives for the hubby and I that he could actually say he likes and mean it :)

Soooo here it goes...

Ingredients:
Sauce: 32 oz can of Plum tom (I use a potato masher to mash them up) 12 oz can of tom paste, 1 cup of chicken broth or stock, 1/2-1 onion diced (depends on your preference) 2 carrot stalks finely diced, 1 lb ground turkey.

Lasanga: I used GF De Boles rice no bake pasta (you can use any no bake lasanga noodle!) 1 Cup Spinach, 1/2 can of Artichoke, roughly 20 oz of Skim low fat Ricotta cheese and a bag of low fat Mozzarella or parm cheese.

Sauce: Brown the ground turkey-drain, add diced onion and carrots saute with fresh garlic for about 7-10 minutes or until you see the onions and carrots start to sweat. I like to pre-season the meat rather than the sauce bc it tends to give more flavor, so I season the meat while the onions and carrots are softening. I like to use fresh garlic, basil, parsely, rosemary, thyme, fennel, kosher salt and pepper. Add plum toms (add all the juice too) and paste, chicken stock and stir I let this come to a boil and simmer on low for about 25-30 minutes. It may seem like a lot of sauce but at the end of everything you most likely won't have any left or you'll have a little to use on top!
Pre-heat oven to 375*

While waiting for the sauce I take the ricotta cheese put in a bowl the mix with the artichoke and lightly season it.
After the sauce is ready I take a Lasagna pan, spray with pam and the put a spoonful of sauce in bottom then layer with the noodles, cheese, sauce and spinach leaves, repeat!

Cover bake for about an hour! I usually check it at about 30 minutes bc every noodle seems different. I take the foil off for the last 10-15 minutes or so :)

Hope you like <3

No comments:

Post a Comment