Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ore-Oh-No's!

Well yesterday consisted of two things- First, finding that Ortega makes GF taco shells!!! Big hurray on that because tacos just happen to be my favorite food :) The first thing my husband said when I told him about the call from the dr's about the Celiac was "you can't eat Mexican food anymore can you?!??" I was kinda miffed at first because I hadn't even thought of that yet. But after thinking and letting it sink in I got kinda sad because I just love so many different foods. I love trying new things and exploring and now I can't!
I was glad to see there ARE Gluten free options, just might not be out at most restaurants, yet.... I made these last night. Turkey, spinach and avocado GF tacos. So delish!
And then secondly, after being GF for about 2 days I caved and ate the rest of the Oreos in our pantry :( I figured if the GI dr can't see me for a month and they expect me to go completely off Gluten then I wanted to go out with a bang.... Well I paid the price! I spent the morning hurling my guts out. Hahaha.
True story...that is all that was left. One crumb. Oh well!

So.....
High point---GF TACOS!!!
Low point---Ore-oh-no no's!!! :)

Can't wait to go grocery shopping on Friday so I have more options here. This week has been a HUGE adjustment. But I'm learning a lot about new food and I'm eager to start trying new things.

Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend :)

<3




1 comment:

  1. I like this!

    My day:
    Low point-forgetting my wallet and getting on the train without my train ticket
    High point-getting to ride there for free!

    ReplyDelete