Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just want to get better..

So lately I've been a little down about my progress. I've been waiting a month now to get into the GI dr to get a biopsy done for this whole Celiac stuff. Well it's finally here today! As much as I don't want to get scoped again I'm looking forward to getting answers. Because I still feel a bit crappy even going off of gluten. I still have horrible tummy aches all the time. But as much as that's still there, the nausea and throwing up has stopped....soooo that is a plus!! I have feeling sick like that!

When I originally went to the dr's for the stuff that had been going on I had a few concerns: my tummy and constant nausea issues (later to be determined as celiac) and a major issue I feel my right leg is numb 85% of the day. It starts at my hip, down my thigh and goes to my foot. No matter what I do it seems to be a constant problem. I've had an MRI of my spine and brain done (to test for MS) a Venus Doppler (to check for a blood clot) and an exam by my dr. He made me do physical therapy for 5 weeks which they found there I had an upslip in my pelvis and it was raised, along with my foot about 3 whole inches higher then my left leg. When they finally popped it back in place I was hoping that would be the cure all for the numbness and tingling in my right side.
I have had no progress in the last 18 months and it's killing me. It keeps me up at night, it hurts to drive and I can't sit for too long without my right side going completely numb and tingly :(

The worst part my new dr (I wanted a second opinion) thinks I need to see a neurologist to clear if it is MS or not, and to simply get to the bottom of it all. I went back to my old dr (confusing I know) bc I couldn't get into my new dr for 3WEEKS and he didn't even try to hear me out just said it sounded like I had a i.t band injury gave me some exercises and still nothing. Oh plus getting into the neurologist they want me to see......6 MONTHS. Seriously 6 f-ing months. Pardon my French but that is so messed up. I'm in pain daily and it's really affecting my everyday life.
Soo yeah I'm hoping more progress is made in the upcoming months bc I'm not too sure how long I can't put up with the pain. But on a positive note I've pushed through the pain to start working out everyday again and that has been helping my depressive moods (compliments of my auto immune and thyroid diseases!) I'm determined to take control of that part of my life again so I can feel better about how rough I feel on the outside, especially running after my cutie patootie :D


Till next time! stay positive!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment