Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIAW

So today is my first WIAW and I have been inspired to do so by my cousin whose been actively pushing me to pursue my goals. I feel we help one another to do so all the time! It's great to have her in my life :-)

So today for my first WIAW I wanted to post my dinner from last night! Ever since I was diagnosed with a severe case of celiac disease last April I have been missing my favorite foods. I haven't had too many cravings, but now that I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant the cravings for all the things I simply cannot have, have been kicking in like crazy!

One of my favorite foods since I was in middle school is chicken lo mien. Love, love, love Chinese food. In past blogs posts I've done pork pot stickers from scratch and they were AMAZING and although I've made stir fry and lo mien before it just hasn't hit the spot like the REAL thing till last night.

I think I nailed it this time. And mostly due to the change in noodles. I had been using Thai rice noodles prior and I decided to try brown rice vermicelli by the brand Peacock instead, and WOW I impressed myself again.

For the veggies this time I used:
Water chestnuts
Red peppers
Green peppers
Onions
Carrots

{I also like use sprouts, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots but stuck to what I had on hand last night.}

For the sauce and marinade I used:
Tamari GF soy sauce
Orange juice
Water
Ginger paste
Ginger powder
Garlic powder
Minced Garlic
Salt
Pepper

And the noodles were brown rice vermicelli

So good!!

Gluten Free cooking has been an adjustment for me, but not giving up and trying again and again till I hit perfection has been key. Don't give up new Celiac's! There is hope :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment