Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Gluten Free & Vegan--Quick tofu and snap peas over rice

Fast and easy lunch, dinner or in my case---breakfast!! I'm a little odd, I like savory over sweet in the morning. I've never been a cereal person (except when I was pregnant last year!) never took to donuts, same with sweets. I like them here and there. So I oddly made this for breakfast yesterday morning :-)

What you need:

Tofu extra firm
Snap Peas
1/2-3/4 cup Jasmine Rice, also tastes great with brown rice. I usually alternate.
Ginger
Tamari 3 tablespoons
11/2 tablespoons of water
Garlic (optional)
15-20 minutes cook time
Season tofu after cubed and in pan

Start rice, then set aside.

First, drain your tofu, then press the excess water out, gently. I like to get a lot of the water out of mine so it has more of a dense feeling rather then a silky bit. Just a texture thing in the recipe, if you prefer a silky one, just simply cook it less time. I cube it and sauté it in a combo of Tamari GF low sodium soy sauce, ginger, pepper and garlic. I cook it flipping it occasionally for approximately 15 minutes.
While this is going on, steam the snap peas for about 5-7 minutes until the consistently you like. Crunchier about 5, softer about 7.
Around the last 5 minutes of cooking throw the amount if snap you'd like into the pan and sauté them together. It dries them out a little (still leaving them soft) and give them a good taste.

When done serve over jasmine rice and ENJOY! Simple easy and flavorful :-) hope you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment