Friday, May 25, 2012

Homemade applesauce

I don't know if many people make this at home, but I do know they should! Applesauce is SOOO easy to make at home and tastes so delicious fresh. I started making mine when I began making all of the baby's food, but kept it up for all of us. It has nothing but apples, water and cinnamon in it. As good as it gets no junk or sugar added!

For a smaller batch I use 3-4 (for a bigger use 6-7) apples of choice. I love using Golden Delicious! Cut and dice up in smaller chunks, Add the dices and a finger tip width of water in a sauté pan. Sauté for about 15 minutes, add a dash or two of cinnamon while cooking and stir.

Pour sautéed apples and leftover water in food processor or blender and blend! You can pulsate for chunky or purée for smooth!

Presto! Yummy right???

No comments:

Post a Comment